Shooting Holes in the Moon

I'm a cipher wrapped in an enigma covered with secret sauce. - Stephen Root

Friday, May 26, 2006

victorian thunderstorm

I shot this photo during a thunderstorm in April. This is the first time I've successfully captured a lightning bolt on film! I sat on my front porch for roughly forty minutes, snapping the shutter whenever I saw light in the sky. At the end of the evening, I had snapped about fifty pictures. At no time, however, did I think I had anything good. It wasn't until the next morning, when I downloaded the pictures, did I realize I actually had something halfway decent! This was shot at 1/2 second.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Nicky Story said…

    As you well know - this is one of my favorite pictures!! You have a great view our your front steps... nice job - you should sell it! :)

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Faiz Silver said…

    It looks like a scene from one of the "Back to the future" flicks. Ah, I was just browsing randomly using the random blog feature. Cool place. You have great photographic talent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home