Shooting Holes in the Moon

I'm a cipher wrapped in an enigma covered with secret sauce. - Stephen Root

Friday, May 26, 2006

rockin' with Rush

The National Review recently published a list of the top 50 conservative rock songs. I read about it on the New York Times, ironically enough! I'm sure some liberals are crying foul, but I think it's an intruiging idea. It reminds me of Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" (not on the list), whose refrain sounds like patriotic rallying cry - that is, until you listen to the lyrics.

Some of the songs on the list are clear cut - I'm lookin' at you, Sweet Home Alabama - and some of the choices are surprising or just plain odd - Gloria (U2), Right Here, Right Now (Jesus Jones), Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden!).

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger LeAnn said…

    I was most amazed by the number of pro-life songs. Pretty cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home