Shooting Holes in the Moon

I'm a cipher wrapped in an enigma covered with secret sauce. - Stephen Root

Thursday, May 25, 2006

the lost art of handwriting

I'm fascinated by handwriting, and I love to psychoanalyze people based on their writing style (not very fair, really. Especially when I know them already!) I'm not too impressed with my own - I gave up on cursive a long time ago, but it hasn't prevented me from admiring others'. This is something I'd like to improve upon. Does anyone teach remedial handwriting? :-)

Along the same lines, I'm amazed by the quality of calligraphic fonts that are available through Veer. They're an oxymoron - digital fonts which approximate, quite convincingly, someone's handwriting. To confirm this, almost all of the calligraphic fonts are literally named - "Mr Blaketon", for example, or "Mrs Blackfort". One of my favorites is "Mr Keningbeck". It does make me wonder if we are losing touch with an art form that was taken for granted before the advent of the PC.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger LeAnn said…

    I like this bio-pic better than the dino-pants pic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home