Shooting Holes in the Moon

I'm a cipher wrapped in an enigma covered with secret sauce. - Stephen Root

Friday, May 26, 2006

Trader Joe's

Joanna mentioned that Minneapolis/St. Paul is getting their first Trader Joe's. Although I've heard the name, I didn't know what is *was*, exactly. Fortunately, she sent me an excellent NYT article. Now I'm green - GREEN - with envy! It's essentially a small chain of grocery stores, started in California, that specialize in wine, cheese, and hard-to-find imports. Their employees travel the world looking for exotic delicacies to import or re-create. I believe there's one in Chicago. I think I hear a road trip calling!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger LeAnn said…

    I've been to Trader Joe's in Chicago - I wish I remember where it was. It's been a while,but they had great inventory for making Greek & Mexican food!

    We'll need to stop there when we visit your sis!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home