Shooting Holes in the Moon

I'm a cipher wrapped in an enigma covered with secret sauce. - Stephen Root

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sunrise



I've been waking up one hour earlier this week to videotape student ambassador training at school - this is the program that students go through to become tour guides. Can't say that I'm crazy about the alarm going off at 6 am, but it has its perks - specifically, the stunning sunrises. This picture was taken at 6:30 this morning outside my kitchen window, looking east (duh!) over downtown Dubuque. It bothers me a little that the clock tower (that's City Hall) is not perfectly aligned to the vertical...but I can't Photoshop the image from home so it'll have to do.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger LeAnn said…

    Regardless that the tower is askew, it's a breathtaking view! I've looked out my kitcchen window too many times to see little more than a lawn that needs to be cut.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the picture is Beautiful! You didn't tell me you got something good out of your early morning rising this week!
    :) Nicky

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful! And as you often say to Mom, "Stop fussing!" I like it that the clock tower is slightly off. In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home