Shooting Holes in the Moon

I'm a cipher wrapped in an enigma covered with secret sauce. - Stephen Root

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Wheel Tree


Wheel Tree - 2
Originally uploaded by menlo.
Now that I've uploaded most of my photos to Flickr, I've found some time to settle down and explore the site. There's so many talented photographers - it's both inspiring and humbling. Occasionally, I will come across a photo of something local, like this wheel tree, and when that happens, I'm always surprised - especially given how many millions of photographs are posted on Flickr. It's like finding a long lost friend. There's something amazing about finding someone else who found something in your corner of the world and thought it worthwhile not only to photograph, but share with the world.

This photo is tagged "Durand, Illinois", but there's a nearly identical sculpture outside of the Don Q Inn in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. This picture transforms something that's merely unusual into something beautiful and mysterious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home